Saturday, April 25, 2015

Taking a Chance on Art as a Career

Sleeping Cat Portrait in Colored Pencil
Will I or won't I?

Although I have been doing art for 13 years, and left the corporate world, I've been supplementing through the lean times by selling vintage.

Doing my taxes last year, I realized that my art sales have way outpaced the vintage.  Yet I spent so much time on vintage.  What would happen if I dropped that side line?

I'm going to take the plunge without that safety net.

My gamble is that by concentrating my time and effort on my art, I can replace that vintage income. It takes a lot of time to buy, list, wrap and send vintage.  And the storage of it is a nightmare.

I'm going bigger with my paintings, too.

I'm also writing an e-booklet on starting a pet portrait business.  I get so many requests for advice that I see a need.  So keep your eye out for that.  And wish me luck, remember me in your prayers, send white light or whatever to me, pin me, blog me, tweet me!  I need all the help I can get!  Robin


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Good for you! I hope the book is great!

Robin said...

Thanks Kelly, I intend it to be!