Friday, April 24, 2009

It's ETSY Day!


April 24 is ETSY day! Come VISIT! http://etsy.com It's hard to believe there's ANYONE out there who hasn't visited and bought from this wonderful site where all things offered are handmade, one at a time. I love machines...washing machines, dishwasher, vacuum cleaner...but I don't have to be dressed by one, accessorized by one, or have one make "art" for me!

I opened an etsy store recently with my woodcut prints and small original pieces. The community of artisans there have coached me and encouraged me. I haven't had time to fill my store (something I have learned really drives sales) because my portrait commissions take most of my art time (got another one today!! yay!) but I see this as a super addition and I am so impressed with the professionalism of the "etsians" and the drop dead gorgeous work they offer.

So those of us who make things handmade, including us fine artists, are celebrating this wonderful site today.

So stop by and take a look...and support small business, craftsmanship and score something special (Mother's Day?) all at the same time!

No comments: