Monday, April 20, 2009

Auburn Road WInery - Great Live Entertainment



Saturday night, we had so much fun going to the Auburn Road Vinyards in South Jersey. http://auburnroadvineyards.com/default.asp. I'm not a wine expert, but the bottle of their Rustica that I shared was outstanding!

And the live music was fun. Best-Party-Giver-In-Jersey, Cindy Wilson, sang an interesting set including an amazing song she wrote called "Tailspin". And Tom Kurman gave his usual great performance.
I'm really fascinated by musical artists. We visual artists put our work out there, but rarely see the reaction, especailly if you're like me and do most of your promoting and sales via the internet. But Tom and Cindy...face to face with the audience! What guts!
The other really cool thing about this place is the neat artwork. I saw pieces by Carly J. Mortimer and Alex Alami. (I'd link to their sites to share but can't find them!) How wonderful to find a place that is so supportive the the arts! Thanks to all for a wonderful time.

2 comments:

twincedar said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

Cat-in-a-Box said...

Sounds like fun - I get that same feeling when I watch live music and theater, artists *right there* creating their art. There is a commonality between performance and visual art, but then there is that huge difference. It's a nice feeling!