Saturday, October 11, 2008

Jumping ahead in colored pencil



Guess what? I'm a Gemini. So no surprise that I jump between color and black and white, huh? My last post was all about my last woodcut print and now today I'm working in colored pencil again. Fickle, aren't I?

Today I'm working on a brand new surface for me...pastelboard. It's hardboard (like masonite, I think) with a coating on it that is a little rough. And I'm going to paint an orange in colored pencil...one of the copyright free photos I found sometime in the last 3 years that I saved for "someday".

Let's see how it turns out! Later on, I'll show you the finished work along with my step by steps. That is...if it turns out! Meanwhile, also sitting around in my computer is this photo I took of an aceo I sold years ago on ebay. Colored pencil on Mi Tientes. 2.5 x 3.5. Hmmm...gotta get back into them!

No comments: