Monday, July 15, 2013

Unusual Daylily cultivars, now blooming!

Have I mentioned I love daylilies?  Here's a few of my favorite unusual cultivars in bloom.  I am very bad, though, about their names. Love this purple with lime ruffles.  It reminds me of grape soda!

 
And here is a ruffley peach one.

 
A dark, dark red.  Love the spanish yellow eye.

 
What does this have to do with art or animals?  Nothing with animals except I am so lucky that Sarge is not the kind of dog who tramples in garden beds.   With art?  I may paint or draw them someday!  I want to do more flowers, I think they show personality, don't you? 

I love the spectacular colors and shapes and variety of the named cultivars (even though I can't remember the names), and even have some common orange "ditch" lilies as filler around.  This year, I didn't get any annuals planted at all, so am especially thankful for my perennials.  I just am a little sad that the weather is soooooooooooooooooo hot just when they are in their glory!

No comments: