Wednesday, January 30, 2013

How to take photos of your art. Don't ask me!

I'm really happy with this painting of a Japanese Chin that I did, but you will never know because my terrible photography skills won't show it as it is!

This has been a thorn in my side that I can't seem to overcome.  Especially in the wintertime when a dash outdoors to try and get a decent shot while the wind does its best to make a painting airborne.

This is the best of the shots I got, and is dark, but glared.  Photoshopping made it a little better, but I am so frustrated that it's not good enough to put on my pet portrait site or my Etsy Shop as a sample.

I did enjoy painting her.  The nose!  The eyes!  And that fluffy, tangled fur.  I painted in lots of color but so flat looking here.  Also, the cushion made of kimono fabric I found online to paint.  It's really a modified cerulean blue, with tones of greens, reds, cool blues and whites in the pattern.

Ah, well.  Lesson learned here is not to mail out commissions til I check and make sure I get a better shot, no matter what it takes!  Anyway, this gorgeous Japanese Chin is oil on canvas, 8 x 10.

No comments: