Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Many Hats of THIS artist!


Yesterday I spent the day trying to update my VERY dated website. Here's the result: http://robinzebley.com Still have some image issues but this took me ALL DAY! Which frankly is why I put it off for so long. I like the crisp organization and the focus on the portraits.

But to "be" an artist sure means a lot of things other than making art, unless you have the dough to hire someone else to do the "other" things:

- Website Design
- Writer
- Marketing
- Public relations
- Procurement
- Shipping
- Photographer
- Newsletter list organizer
- Studio Cleaner
- Sales clerk

Some artists claim the above list takes the same amount of time that the actual artwork takes. It's not what we signed up for!!! I want to create dog portraits!


I also struggled this week to learn some photoshopping so I could put together a bookmark that features my dog portraits with dog quotes. I wanted something for the many rescues who ask me for help, it's a small item that they can include as giveaways for fundraisers. I shopped this week for cardstock and inks, and coordinating ribbon to lace through. Then, I had to do the photoshopping. Whew!

I'll show you my bookmarks after I get them all printed out and ribboned up.

So that's where I've been..a webmaster/photoshopper/cutter outer and ribbon lacer. Hopefully, today I'll get to be an animal artist again!! Robin

I'm pet portrait artist, Robin Zebley. My website is http://robinzebley.com. I also do animal printmaking! If you'd like to follow this blog, click to the right! If you'd like to read this whole blog, click on the banner at the top. If you know an animal lover who might enjoy my art, please forward my links, I depend on word of mouth from wonderful people like you! Robin

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

it is a never list of jobs that we are artists have to deal with. Lots of multi tasking :)

your site looks good, very professional.

Robin said...

Thanks! Still have work to do on it, but I can't even think about it anymore!!