Friday, December 5, 2008

Reindeer Woodcut Block Print



Something really fun as an artist is to participate in art exchanges, especially ones you find online! I am participating in a 23 person printmaking exchange so will shortly be receiving 22 other original, handpulled prints related to the theme "the holidays".

Here's what I cut and printed for everyone else! Yes, it's a reindeer, and yes, you know which one he is!! The block is 5 x 5, and I experimented with cutting out the negative space leaving just the reindeer and those fabulous antlers! I mixed up the ink myself and daubed on the world famous nose.

Hope you like it! I do have a few extras so if you'd like to purchase your own, signed by me, just send me an email and I'll let you know how much. (Haven't gotten that far yet!)

Meanwhile, I'm busy working on my 5 pet portrait, it's comign along great, but I always forget how much more time every face adds to a portrait! I'll show you as soon as I am done.

As you hopefully know, I"m Robin ZEbley, the animal artist, specializing in portraits of pets! My site is robinzebley.com...come visit!

No comments: