Thursday, October 13, 2016

My Teacup List - Good Enough!

I've been thinking about that proverbial "bucket list" of things you want to do before you die and realized that I probably won't have the time, stamina or money (unless I do hit that lottery!) to do the grand scheme things I see on most people's lists.  Round the world tours, jumping out of planes, that kind of thing.

It got me thinking about what I would like to do before I die that is...doable.  What things can I do that I'd like to do, that I haven't?  Not a huge bucket, but maybe a "teacup"?

Instead of round the world tour, how about a trip out west?  I think I can do that if I keep my nose to the grindstone and save up.  That kind of thing.  I found it hard to even THINK of things I want to do when I have so much I must do.

But I like the idea of inserting more fun, discovery and joy into my life.  In teeny, teacup ways.  So here's my current "Teacup List"!

1. That trip out west.  By car, camping.
2.  Learn and DO white line printmaking.
3.  Paint fall foliage.  Plein Air.
4.  See Savannah.
5.  Hike more.
6.  Eat Pho.  I think I'd like it, but have to travel into an authentic restaurant.

How about you?  Have a teacup list?

I'm custom portrait artist, Robin Zebley.  More of my personality filled pet portraits can be seen at http://customportraitart.etsy.com






No comments: