Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Painting Norah, a Florida dog with the sweetest eyes

Custom Dog Portrait of Norah
Norah was a pleasure to paint, what pretty eyes she has!  She's a Florida girl, and I posed her under a palm tree.  Being that I was raised in Ft. Lauderdale, I had dogs that "hid" in the palms that are more like shrubs than trees.

My challenge with Norah was not letting the palm fronds take over and become stars of the show!

But Norah wouldn't let that happen, would she?

On another note, I thought I'd be painting outdoors in my gazebo studio by now.  But it's been too cold.  As I write this, I have a fire in my fireplace the next to the last day of April!

Hopefully we'll be moving outdoors soon.  Sarge sure loves it!  Here he is with his brother, Hoss, who is the black boxer dog. Just a week ago and look how few leaves on the trees still.
Sarge & his brother Hoss, a black boxer dog


No comments: